The unusual properties of snail slime have been used by many generations of physicians in ancient Greece. In recent years, its performance has been recognized in the early 80s by the owner of the farm in Chile, whose son, working on the farm, had direct contact with the snails slime. Soon his scars from small wounds on his hands began to gradually disappear, and the skin became more smooth and delicate. The breeder has come to clear conclusions. The following years were devoted to the examination of slime, which only confirmed the observations, and in the 1990s it launched the production of cosmetics with snail slime in the world.
Slime is produced in the glands of the legs of the snail and has the consistency of a gel. For extracting slim, we use the Helix Aspersa Muller species, which are bred on our farm. These African snails have only 28 to 35 mm and weight from 7 to 15 grams. An important characteristic of this snails its continuous regeneration of tissues with the use of slime, which constantly are damaged while moving, and most importantly, it has the same properties for human skin. Snail slime is a precious active ingredient, which is perfectly balanced. It contains natural ingredients, which in most cosmetics are in the form of ingredients produced synthetically in the laboratory.
- Allantoin working intensively moisturizing, soothing and anti-inflammatory, accelerates skin regeneration, soothes irritations and acne, removes scars, stretch marks, cellulite and ulcers, accelerates wound healing, as well as removes bumps and cracks.
- Glycolic acid slows the aging process of the skin, softens, refreshes and regenerates the skin, removes dead skin cells, cleans, regulates sebum secretion and constricts the mouth of the sebaceous glands.
- Mucopolysaccharides which reduce irritation and sensitization, contribute to the proper circulation of blood and lymph. In combination with collagen and elastin, they give the skin the ideal flexibility, elasticity and hydration.
- Collagen and Elastin responsible for the elimination of wrinkles, as well as the elasticity and firmness of the skin.
- Natural Antibiotics kill harmful bacteria and fungi, removing skin inflammation.
- Vitamins A, C and E nourish and regenerate the skin.
Studies unanimously confirmed that snail slime exhibits the following properties:
- Increasing the elasticity of the skin
- Favoring the synthesis of collagen and elastin
Cosmetics are manufactured in a specialized laboratory. However, for its effectiveness not only suitable composition is important, but also the precision and accountability in the collection of slime. Snail produces two types of slime: criptosin and limosin, but criptosin is used in the production of cream. These two types of secretions in any case can not be mixed, snails must be healthy and slime acquisition process must be non-invasive for them, otherwise they will excrete unwanted toxins. This is why obtaining high quality slime is not an easy process, it must be kept in reasonable care, and to ensure its purity, and constant hygiene control must be performed. After secretion, the snail is returned to the place of their breed.